Main Photo Site and Galleries

Wild rose, desaturated



Some kind of wild rose at the Huntington Gardens. Click above to see larger please! 

Can't decide if this would be a better photo if everything was in focus or as is. I could have put the camera on a tripod, closed down the aperture and shot at a slower shutter speed. But I was lazy. 


Still, it ain't bad. The structure is nice with the lines going out diagonally from the center of the frame and, as usual, I like some of the frame being dark, which places greater emphasis on the colors. 

Camera & Settings: Nikon D5100, Nikon DX 35mm/1.8 lens, 1/80th shutter speed, f/4.5, ISO 320. Shot in RAW and processed in Lightroom 4, using the onOne preset named "vibrant desaturation." I also added some vignetting.  


Here's my SmugMug site. Me on Twitter.


--S.H.

This photo is ©Steve Hymon and may not be used elsewhere without advanced written permission. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment